Thursday, August 27, 2009

Owen is Born!

This morning at 6:37, Amanda and I welcomed our second son, Owen Kristoffer Pisko, into the world. He is 7lbs 12.5 oz, and 20.5" long. He has a full head of hair just like Jaxon did when he was born. I think he looks a lot more like me than Jaxon did, but everyone says he looks a lot like Jaxon when he was born. Speaking of Jaxon, here is a picture of Jaxon holding his new baby brother and just brimming with pride at the hospital. I think Jax is going to be a great big brother.



Amanda had a short labour (4 hours start to finish), but it was intense. Luckily she was able to get an early discharge from the hospital, and we were able to bring Owen home tonight. I personally think Amanda will be able to get more rest here at home than at the hospital. She was in a shared room with another mother and baby, so either Owen or the other baby would be up every few hours to feed, not to mention the nurses coming in every few hours, and just the general noise of the hospital. At least here at home I'm around and grandma is around to help out with things around the house and with Jaxon.

One thing we did with Jaxon was that we gave him a stuffed animal the day he was born, that has been his best friend throughout his life. Trevor is the name of the monkey we gave Jaxon. For Owen, we gave him a stuffed Elephant that Amanda has named Jasper. (Amanda has taken to naming all of the stuffed animals in the house. I can never remember which animal has with name, but Amanda and Jaxon seem to remember.) So here is Owen getting to know his new best friend Elephant


Owen snuggling up to his mom after filling his belly with formula. I saw a onsie at the mall the other day with a saying on it that said, "I drink 'till I pass out"... seems to fit really well with newborn babies.


I have some time off work to help out with the baby, and will try to post more pictures of Owen soon.

3 comments:

britni jean said...

fun update! and i think that owen looks a lot like jaxon too!

Brianne said...

Congratulations! And I love the name Owen!

Ilene said...

Congratulations on the new baby boy! from the Paul Chapman family :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails