Saturday, July 2, 2011

Introducing....

MESA MONDAYS!!!!
   Ok... so here is the back story to my latest and greatest project that I am super excited about! In April I went on a girls trip with mom and Rachel to Las Vegas. LOVE LOVE LOVE VEGAS! It was a blast! We did so much fun stuff and since you know me and my love for food (which is shared by my whole family) you can only image how much I stuffed my face... I gained 5 lbs in a week... yeppers it was awesome. One place that we didnt get to go eat, which we really wanted too, was Mesa in Cesears Palace. For those of you who dont know, Mesa is one of Bobby Flay's restuarants. So needless to say I was a little bummed that I didnt make it to Mesa.
   BUT.... I was on the library website searching for books and I found this awesome cook book called "Bobby Flay's Mesa Grill cookbook" I was super stoked to read it! as I flipped through the recipes there was TONS that I wanted to try and so I invented Mesa Mondays. I am going to try a new recipe from the Mesa Grill cook book every monday... maybe Ill get a taste of what the restuarant would have been like!
  By the way I think this is a much better idea then how my mom spends her Mondays... Meatless Mondays... Bleck!
   So then I thought Maybe someone out there wants to play along with me... So Ill post the recipes Im going to try before the monday I try them... then if you want to try them too you can! FUN FUN!
   To start off I needed a recipe that I had all the ingredients for since I had spent out June grocery budget!
Yucatan Chicken with Peanut-Red Chili BBQ sauce
*in the book they make these as chicken skewers...but Im way to lazy to do that... so Im leaving it has breasts

1/2 cup fresh Orange Juice
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
2 Tbsp canola oil
2 Tbsp Ancho chili powder
3 cloves garlic, coursely chopped
4 Chicken breasts

1)In a large shallow baking dish, whisk together everything but chicken.
2)Add chicken to marinade. Allow to marinade for at least 1 hour, or upto 4 hours.
3)Preheat the grill to high
4)Remove chicken from marinade and grill for 4-5 minutes on each side, until just cooked through.
5) Serve with Peanut red Chili BBQ sauce

Peanut Red Chili BBQ Sauce

1 Tbsp canola oil
2 Tbsp finely chopped fresh ginger
1 1/2 cups BBQ sauce (they use their special BBQ sauce... again too lazy to make it up and then add to this sauce)
2 Cups chicken stock
2 Tbsp Soy sauce
1/4 cup smooth peanut butter

1)heat oil in a medium sauce pan over med. heat. Add the ginger and cook until soft, 1-2 minutes. Raise the heat to high, add the BBQ sauce and stock and cook stirring occasionally until reduced by half.
2) Whisk in say sauce and peanut butter and cook over med heat until thickened, 12-15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
*this can be made up to 2 days in advance and refrigerated. Reheat before serving.

THANKS SO MUCH BOBBY FLAY! Im not looking forward to mondays!
Who out there wants to play with me?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails