Monday, February 13, 2012

Cajun Mac and Cheese

MMMMMM... I love food! I am spoiled and get the Food Network Magazine at my house. I love it!! Every month I get tons of new recipes! Its Awesome! Here is one I tried last week and LOVED!!! Its from the March 2012 issue (pg 90)

Cajun Mac and Cheese

12 Ounces Wagon wheel Pasta (I used bowtie)
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
6 ounces Andouille sausage, diced (I used some sausage I found in my freezer)
2 bunches scallion, thinly sliced
1 Bell Pepper,, chopped ( I used red for some color)
1 Tbsp Cajun spice blend
2 Tbsp Flour
2 cups whole milk (I used 2%)
8 ounces Chedder cheese cubed (I grated mine)

1) Cook pasta for one minutes shorter then normal. Drain, reserving 1 cup of cooking liquid
2)while pasta cooks; heat oil in pan and add sausage, stirring until sausage starts to brown. Stir in scallions and pepper and cook until slightly soft. Add Spice blend and flour and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes, Gradually whisk in the milkd and continue whisking until thickened and smooth... about 5 minutes.
3) Add this sauce to the pasta. Add cheese and reserved pasta water and stir until cheese is melted and pasta is coated.
YUMMMY!!!!


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails