Monday, July 2, 2012

Welcome Rohn

Yes I know its been a while again since I updated it... I blame it on having a baby! Rohn has finally arrived. We are all very excited to have him join our family. Owen (his almost 3) was not sure of his new baby brother at first... he wouldnt touch him or even go near him for the first few days but now he loves him and hugs him and kisses him all the time. Jaxon (he is 5) tells me all the time how much he loves Rohn.

Rohn decided to cooperate just a bit and come 1 week early. Here is the story for anyone who is interested! On June 11 I went in for my regular Dr check up and I was already 2 cm. They did what doctors do in order to help start labour (Ill be vague for any males, or people who havent gone through it) and the doctor was very hopefully that in a couple days Id have a baby. Well I went back to the doctor's on June 18 (yup no baby) and the Dr checked me again... still 2 cm. She tried again to get Labour started, but also told me she wasnt very hopefully because I hadnt progressed anything in a week, so not to expect to have the baby early. I went home feeling very annoyed. I woke up June 19th with some minor cramping, but didnt give it a second thought. Then at 2pm I got really tired, so I put a movie on for the kids and tried to nap on the couch, but I woke up every 10 minutes with some insane cramps, so I got up and decided to walk them off. Once I started walking around the "cramps" came every 3 minutes. So I started calling them contractions. But I have always had this fear of getting to the hospital and then saying "you arent ready so go home" so I decided to wait and see. After about 90 minutes of being at home in Labour I called my good friend Ashley and she took my kids and drove me to the hospital. I almost forgot to call Tim, but luckily I remembered as I was heading out the door and he jumped on a bus to get to the Hospital.
Once I arrived at the hospital they checked me and I was 6 cm! Then I got scared. All the wishing for Rohn to come early finally didnt seem like a good idea when they were walking me into a delivery room! My Doctor was on duty that afternoon and she came to say Hello (Tim made it there shortly after me by the way!) And she checked me again... after one contraction I went from a 6 to an 8. so she decided to just break my water and 'hand me a baby'
 Im a screamer... so I was screaming for some drugs... but everyone (but me) knew it was pointless. So they gave me something just to shut me up, but once they broke my water it took Rohn 7 minutes to appear. Two contractions and pushes later and he was in my arms. All 7 lbs 1 oz, 20 inches of cute baby boy.
I am thrilled to have Rohn home, but I am also thrilled to be DONE! Three boys is all that we need!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails