Friday, June 4, 2010

The Best Kept Secret!

   Today I discovered one of Alberta's best Kept Secrets. The Central alberta Children's festival in Red Deer. It was AMAZING!  I am really just so impressed the more I think about it. It was $5 a person or $15 a family. So all of us (Mama and Papa [Nelson], Tim, Me, Jaxon and Owen) were only $15. And once you got in everything was FREE... yes I that word still exists! Water, fruit, rice krispie squares, fire man hats (plastic ones) water bottles... all free!
   Owen loved loved loved watching the Fred Penner concert. Owen is my Music man. It was so fun to go to a concert with my boys. I loved Fred Penner when I was a kid so it was fun to share it with my boys.
    Jaxon loved the playground and he was too funny at the bubble wrap popping station. They had sheets of plywood wrapped in bubble wrap for the kids to stomp on. Jaxon was thrilled. They also had bouncy houses and craft stations adn face painting and wacky hair stations. But since Jaxon is my neat freak kid the face painting and wacky hair were no gos. But everything else was awesome!
   We will for sure make this one of our family traditions!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I hope you have a great week in Edmonton. We are going to have a lot of rain it looks like. Hopefully you have better weather

Tim, Amanda, Jaxon & Owen said...

It was so fun running into you at the Festival! Looks like some rain for us too but still warm. So fingers crossed

Related Posts with Thumbnails