Thursday, June 3, 2010

Bourbon Chicken

    I love bourbon chicken/shrimp. LOVE IT. Did I hear a gasp from the audience??? (what a mormon who eats food cooked in alcohol?!?) Get over it... all the alcohol burns off in the cooking process. So Im totally fine with it. But I have never been able to make my own version since while I am totally fine eating food cooked in alcohol, I can not bring myself to by wine or in this case bourbon. So Ive never been able to make my own... until now! My mom found me a Bourbon chicken recipe... that has no bourbon. I know... I as sceptical too... but exists and tastes great. Here is the recipe... but I changed it to make it my own.
2 lbs chicken breasts, cut into strips.
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tsp ginger
1 Tbsp crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 cup apple juice
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 Tbsp Ketchp
1 tbsp Vinegar
1/2 cup Water
1/4 cup Soy sauce

Cook the chicken in a pan. Bring all the other ingredients to a boil in a pot. Once the chicken is cook pour the sauce over the chicken and simmer, stirring every so often for about 10-15 minutes.

LOVE IT!
  While its really good on its own... I think it would be great on a toasted Bun with coleslaw on top.. YUM!

2 comments:

Ashley Smith said...

I think I am going to make this tonight...or tomorrow. But I am excited.

Tim, Amanda, Jaxon & Owen said...

Did you make it?? Did you like it??

Related Posts with Thumbnails